Whipple started his career in education as a High School teacher for
the emotionally handicapped in 1969. He was a part time counselor for
thirteen years in the Utah Youth Corrections Detention Center Program.
He has been a teacher, principal, school administrator, counselor,
and director for over 30 years.
Scott was one of the first Alternative High School Principals in America.
Because of his dedication to individual worth, Scott has influenced
thousands of students, teachers and families.
Scott is married with eight children, and seven grandchildren.
He is currently the Executive Director of the Granite Education Foundation.
This foundation serves over seventy thousand students in Salt
Lake City's Granite School District. Scott's leadership has produced
an investment in futures, (our children) that includes:
1.Over 260 Adopt-A-School business/school partnerships;
2. Excel Educator Awards for teachers
3. Excel Academy-a mentoring program for
4. Straight Talk, tobacco, alcohol, and drug abuse prevention
5. Annual Art Auction for student scholarships in the
6. Proven At-Risk-Youth programs for students and their
7. Summer Grants for teachers continuing education and skill
8. Mill Hollow Science Camp in Utah's natural, pristine
High Uintah Mountains. And
9. Student cash Scholarships. Eighteen
$1,000.00 cash scholarships awarded to students annually.
Scott holds Three degrees from the University of Utah: B.S. in Zoology
and Entomology, M.ED. Special Education (Behavior Disorders),
ED.S Educational Administration.
His motto is, "How Can I Help?" And his goal is to help people
wherever he goes.
Scott tailors his topics ranging from the power and importance of a teachers
influence, to building self-esteem, and putting the "E" in education
To schedule Scott as a speaker for your next event call:
Champions For Life Speakers Bureau (801) 266-8483